Friday, June 26, 2015

Favorite Pins Friday!

Welcome back to another Favorite Pins Friday! I'm going to start making #5 a resource that I use in my classroom. A lot of them will be my own products since I do use them but also others. I'll also include a little blurb about how I use it.
Here's a quick note! When you pin these images, make sure you are pinning them from the original source. I'm seeing a lot of these images on Pinterest that have been pinned directly from my blog. I love that y'all like my Favorite Pins Friday, but we need to give credit where credit is due. Thanks so much for doing this! I'm sure the original owner of the picture will appreciate it, too! All you have to do is click on the picture to view it in Pinterest. You should be able to pin it from there ;)

SOURCE
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has 5th graders who STILL don't capitalize the beginning of the sentence! With texting becoming so popular, I don't see this changing any time soon. I tried to point attention to this last year but it honestly got SO overwhelming. I'm going to make a chart similar to this and refer to it ALL-THE-TIME! Can I get an AMEN?!?
SOURCE
I've said this every year, but this year I'm going to do it! No one knows your students better than their own parents! On the first day of school, I'm going to send home a survey and a letter request. I want the parents to give me any information they think I should know about their child with a focus on reading and writing (since that's what I teach!).

SOURCE
This is a great way to get students thinking about characters in a story. I'm definitely going to use this with my character trait unit. Students always struggled with how to analyze character and this will get them started!

SOURCE
This year I'm wanting to really get my students writing about their reading. This will be a great chart for students to refer to when they have a free response prompt.
Last but not least is my Close Reading Seat Work Bundle. If you want to get your students supporting their answer with evidence, then this pack is for you! It covers a range of reading standards, both literary and informational. The resources are equally split between literary and informational passages with high-interest photos and facts. Each passage is related to the season/time of the year.

I used this this past year starting in January. I was a little scared at first. All I knew was that I didn't have time to spend 10-15 minutes a day on this. It literally takes 5-10 (max) minutes. It is ah-mazing and I plan on using it this coming school year from the first day of school. Here are some photos of my students using it.

If you are interested in a closer look, I have taken three of the passages and compiled them into a FREEBIE in my TpT Store



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I would love to hear from you!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home